Restaurant owners spend a significant amount of time promoting their restaurants on social media. One selling point business owners often miss, however, is offering (and promoting) free WiFi to customers.
Following the latest trend in the business world, there are five important reasons why restaurants, bars and cafés should provide complimentary WiFi to guests:
1. Cost is negligible: Every restaurant in today’s world is already paying for private internet access. To provide free WiFi to guests, a small investment in a new WiFi router is required, and will grant access to the public while keeping your network secure. A new router will allow guests to be on a separate WiFi network without disturbing restaurant operations.
2. Social media use increases when complimentary WiFi is offered: The use of popular social apps such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat is encouraged when restaurants offer WiFi free to guests. Customers will engage with family, friends and followers, sharing their location, and post images from your restaurant in real-time.
3. Customers stay longer and visit more often: A restaurant provides more than food – it’s a place to share a meal and spend quality time with family and friends. Social media has made this possible, even when loved ones are in different locations. If guests feel at home in your space, they will stay longer, spend more money and be more likely to become repeat visitors.
4. Mobile data is precious: As cell phone companies have begun to limit mobile data use and speed, customers have become more conscious about their use, and prefer to connect to WiFi whenever possible. In addition, international visitors to Boston seek out restaurants that offer WiFi so they are able to use their devices. By offering complimentary WiFi, customers will know your goal is meeting their needs and wishes.
5. Even the smallest details count: With stiff competition in the restaurant industry, it’s important not to let something as simple as not offering complimentary WiFi put you at a disadvantage. Adding the WiFi network name and password to your menu is a great way to let your customers know you care.
If you are in the restaurant business or looking to open a restaurant in Boston and are in need of a WiFi router, Little Gecko Technology Consultants is here to help. We are Ubiquiti installers in Boston and are leading Unifi installer in the Boston area. Since we are distributor of Unifi in Boston we can offer the best prices and best products. We pass our savings on to you so you get amazing technology without paying extra.