One of the main motive of restaurant owner is to make his restaurant business profitable, and enhance the guests experience when they visit the restaurant to dine. The main technology gadget used in almost all the restaurants is POS system. Depending upon how long your restaurant is in business, there is need to upgrade your Restaurant POS system. This is same like changing restaurant décor, kitchen hardware, and changing chairs and table in the restaurant. Not much change is needed in POS system, but only software upgrade is required. Since each and every transaction in the restaurant is executed through POS system, we cannot ignore its systems upgrades.
Moreover the technology is rapidly changing and now wireless internet and mobile are in the forefront. With a upgradation of POS system, your restaurant business can attain robust growth as you have the option of tracking the complete restaurant operation right from taking order till the delivery of the same and also have complete control on the restaurant operations.
But the main question arises that what kind of upgradation is needed in the POS system, and whether there is some change in old POS machines, all this depends on what kind of features you desire in the new POS system for your restaurant. Following are the main features which are must present in your changed POS systems.
- Mobile POS system: Mobile with a touch screen has taken the world of technology by storm, and this has led to the mass manufacture of very high quality of POS systems that can be taken on go. There is no need now that all the POS machines should sit with the cashier at the front desk. Mobile POS system can be taken to the table of the dinner for getting orders, to get digital payments through card. There is no need for the staff to visit the counter to punch order and then in the end make payment to cashier. With mobile POS Systems the customers are able to get the much superior service and convenience, but this infuse a sense of security in them, that there credit card will not be skimmed or scanned when they make payment, as every thing is done in front of their presence and on the table itself.
- Include RFID/NFC payment capabilities: With mobile phones the system of making payments has changed. Apple Pay and Android Pay are changing with ways and allows everyone to pay for the services on the go. There is no need to take your wallet in restaurant to make payment for the order in cash. Just by grabbing the phone, using the biometric lock or entering the PIN code and tap to pay is what required now, and all this is done within few seconds. Moreover younger generation love to make payment by mobile wallet only because of no fuss in it and more security.
So at the time of POS system upgrade you should see that the RFID/NFC payment capabilities are there. This cutting edge technology is not only necessary for today’s situation but have a long future.
Best results are obtained if the POS system is also paired with iPads and Android OS tablet devices using RFID/NFC payment methods. All in all what is latest in payment methods should be present in the new upgraded POS system, then only better results are achieved.
- Include employees login through Biometric/Barcode/RFID : The upgraded POS system should be capable of providing employees login through punch in or though card swipe for hours and tips. This not only benefits in tracking hours clocked by employees but also keep every one running on schedule and helps you to monitor each and every transaction your staff process on his individual POS machine on your server. Any misprocessed transaction can be immediately attended by you and problem addressed with minimum staff involvement without any delay.
- Option for Customers Database : Your upgraded POS system should have a facility to store in the data base of the customers, their preferences, card number details in repeat order, phone details etc. This customers data base can also be used to promote your restaurant sales promotion drives by informing customers on their mobiles the launch of discount schemes and any other festivity celebrations. All this helps in making dine-in, or order-outdoor experience more faster and much convenient for the customers.
- Integration of Restaurant on line ordering app: The smart phones have changed the way people order from the restaurant. Everyone now orders through mobile app instead of web. While going for the POS upgrade, you as a restaurant owner insure that POS system is capable of receiving orders and payments through online restaurant app besides other ordering forms. By integrating with app the role of error is minimized as order from telephone can sometime leaves a chance of human error. Besides this, app integration with POS helps the restaurant in fast customer service and increased turnover.
To conclude one thing you should also look into is that what other competitors of your restaurant are incorporating in their POS Systems as this will help you to at-least stay in line of competitors in the business and also allows to think ahead of them . You can still main a competitive edge over the other restaurant in your area if you adhere to the above points while upgrading your restaurant POS Systems.
If you are thing of opening a restaurant in Boston, or you already have a restaurant running and want to install latest version of POS systems or upgrade your old POS system, Little Gecko Technology consultants, a leading restaurant technology providers are here to help you. We are leading supplier and installer of Restaurant POS systems, Wi-Fi backup internet, routers, music and acoustic systems. We also provide training for POS systems. Rest is up to you! As how soon you make up your mind and take the decision and reap the benefits of advanced technology and grow your restaurant business to a new higher level.