Over the last several years, a restaurant Point of Sale System (POS) has managed day-to-day sales in restaurants. Lately, Micro POS systems in restaurants have started to include pay at the table options as well. Now restaurants meet customers’ needs in multiple ways without the use of cash registers or computer terminals in the restaurant. With the added functionality, it is now more important to find the most reliable and dependable POS system, which enables the restaurant to meet the varied needs of its customers.
There is a need today to process payments quickly and easily, as the payment system is the technological heart of the restaurant business. For this reason, a POS system is vitally important to the restaurant business.
Since the POS system for restaurants is very important, its significance cannot be ignored. But the question is: What should a restaurant POS system include so that it can fulfil the needs of restaurant management and ensure customer satisfaction? Below are a few things the restaurant POS systems should include for the restaurant to get the maximum benefit:
- It Should be Mobile: Research has shown that about 65% of restaurant POS systems currently are hosted in cloud. The remaining 35% are also considering doing so. The benefit of this is the faster speed, lower maintenance cost and greater amount of scalability. Mobile POS systems also help in payment processing, a key factor in revenue increase and reduction in the overall cost of the overhead in restaurants.
. Mobile POS systems also help in gathering orders at the table, and transferring those orders directly to the kitchen for further processing. Faster order placement and pay-at-table processing helps with customer satisfaction and allows restaurants to serve more guests at a time.
- It Should Help with4 Data Intelligence: POS systems should have a capability to gather various amounts of data available in restaurants, such as which dishes are the most popular and which items consumed in restaurants are more profitable. If the restaurant POS system is capable of data mining, it should be shared with restaurant management to let them plan what further action is to be taken to make restaurant business profitable, and make guests fully satisfied with your restaurant offerings.
- Should Help in Employee Management: Good restaurant POS systems are equipped to include integrated employee scheduling tools. These tools help in tracking and monitoring employee hours with ease, and in some cases also predict sales and staffing needs. Now restaurant contractors, with the help of a POS system, can plan for the volume of business that is expected on a daily and hourly basis, as well as plan for staffing needs.
A smart restaurant POS management system helps to better control payroll costs and maximize employee efficiency. A labour efficiency report gives management information about the highest and lowest performing employees in the restaurant.
- Should be Capable of Inventory Control: A great deal of diligence is required in the managing of inventory in the food and beverage industry. Restaurant management is concerned with inventory management so as to reduce food waste, spoilage, theft, and over production. The good thing is, inventory management capabilities are becoming increasingly sophisticated and are becoming an integral part of next generation restaurant POS systems. Now restaurant operators can track inventory depletion in real time to help reduce food waste in restaurants, monitor inventory levels and help increase the profitability of the restaurant.
- Should Be Capable of Processing Mobile Payments: A smart restaurant POS system should be capable of processing and accepting EMV payments. This contactless EVM acceptance payment system provides many benefits to restaurant management. Management is spared the fear of fraudulent transactions made by guests through stolen cards.
- Should Help Guest Management: A robust restaurant POS system should include customer management including loyalty program options, order tracking history, capability to integrate with social media and other marketing tools. These guest management tools help management to plan their action in such a way that it leads to more footfall in the restaurant, thereby increasing restaurant revenue.
Little Gecko Technology Consultants are installers of the latest generation of restaurant POS systems in Boston and the greater Boston area, along with guest/internal wifi network routers, audio, TV and security cameras. If you are planning to open a restaurant in Boston, or you’re already in restaurant business and plan to install the above mentioned systems, we encourage you to contact us. We have a team of experts to help you in every sphere of restaurant management, and we’re here to help you to earn more in your restaurant business.